COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information from you to enable an efficient, customized, and meaningful experience on our Site, and/or as a customer. Personal information we collect may include, but is not limited to, contact information such as name, email address, mailing/shipping address and phone number, billing information such as credit card number and billing address, unique Identifiers such as user name, account number and password, preferences information such as product wish lists, order history and marketing preferences and information you may voluntarily provide to us in connection with your participation in any online survey or research study we may conduct, such as your buying habits, preferences and opinions on products and services we may offer.
Like other sites, we may also passively collect information using various technologies (which cannot presently be used to specifically identify you) such as your site preferences, IP address, age, gender, language, time zone, income and education (some of the information we ask for may be optional). We may use or disclose this aggregated information for any purpose. We also collect information about you from third parties. We collect your personal information from third parties, such as social media sites and data co-ops. We purchase from and trade contact information, demographic information, commercial information, and internet and electronic activity with data co-ops and other third-party data aggregators. We share personal information with third-party marketing partners for commercial purposes.
We use this information to fulfill your order, send you an order confirmation, recommend products and services, send you requested product information, send product releases or updates, respond to customer service requests and applications for employment, administer your account, send you a newsletter, send you marketing and promotional communications, respond to your questions and concerns, improve our Site and marketing efforts, conduct research and analysis, and display content based upon your interests. We may also use this information to enable reviews of our products and services, and to display content that you have created and permitted us to display on our Site and on social media and other advertising.
For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We and our third-party marketing partners may also disclose your personal information to conduct an investigation both in the case of a breach of an agreement or contravention of law, or to any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
In certain instances, we may disclose your contact information when we have reason to believe that it is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities who may be causing injury to you, to Sugar Paper, or to others. We may also disclose your information as required by law, to comply with a judicial proceeding or court order, to exercise our rights, to defend against any claims or when we believe in good faith, the law or legal process requires it.
Additionally, we may share email addresses that have been provided to us by our users, with third party marketing partners such as network advertisers and ad exchanges, to serve targeted advertisements to you about our goods and services.
In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution, or similar event, your information may be part of the transferred assets. You will be notified via email or a prominent notice on our Site or both of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
The above excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
Should you no longer wish to have your information shared with our third party marketing partners, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800.644.0672 with your full name and mailing address.
As described above, we use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements, promotional material, or other marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of certain targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/. Please note that you will be opted out of all interest-based advertising from all business members of the NAI for that specific browser on that specific device. If you opt-out, you may continue to see Sugar Paper’s online advertisements; however, these ads will not be as relevant to you.
INFORMATION PROVIDED BY YOU ABOUT OTHERS
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We collect personal information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- Sugar Paper uses Microsoft Clarify, a web analytics tool of Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052, U.S.A, to collect individual visits (using an anonymous IP address only). The mouse movements and mouse clicks are logged, along with the intention of individual visits to this site as so-called session replays to reproduce and evaluate the so-called heat maps and determine potential improvements for this site. The data collected by Microsoft Corporation are non-personal and will not be disclosed to third parties outside the Microsoft network. For more information about the features of Microsoft Clarity, please visit: https://privacy.microsoft.com/de-de/privacystatement.
DO NOT TRACK
“Do Not Track” is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. Please note that many web browsers support Do Not Track technology. If you enable “Do Not Track”, the browser may send a message to websites requesting them not to track the user. If you do so, we will not use information about your web viewing activities to tailor your online experience on our Site. For more information about Do Not Track, please visit: www.allaboutdnt.org.
MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS CHOICE AND OPT-OUT
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. You may choose to stop receiving our marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, updating your communications preferences in your account on our website, or contacting us at the address, telephone number, or email address as set forth in the “CONTACT US” section below.
Should you no longer wish to receive our catalogs or other mail from us, you can contact us at email@example.com or 800.644.0672 with your full name and mailing address, and ask to be removed from future catalog and other mailings. It may take up to 6-12 weeks to process this request, during which period you may continue to receive catalogs or other mail from Sugar Paper. If you change your mind, you can start receiving mailed promotional communications from us again by contacting us as indicated in the “CONTACT US” section below.
Please note, you cannot opt-out of some administrative communications that are reasonably necessary to the Site, products and services, such as billing or product and service notifications.
You have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions permitted by law. You may access, update or correct any of your personal information in your account by editing your profile within your account. You may request access, updating or the correction of inaccuracies in other personal information in our custody or control by writing or sending an email to us at the email address set forth the “CONTACT US” section below.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you provide sensitive information (such as a credit card number), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSI). We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of such information. If you have any questions about security on our Site, please contact us as indicated in the “CONTACT US” section below.
INFORMATION FROM USERS OUTSIDE OF THE USA AND CONSENT TO TRANSFER JURISDICTION
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you reside in California, you also have the right to ask us once a year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please refer to the instructions below regarding how to make a request.
California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”)
Effective January 1, 2020, if you reside in California, then you have the following rights:
You have the right to opt-out of the use of your personal information for targeted or behavioral advertising which may be deemed a sale of information under the CCPA. Please note that advertising, including targeted advertising, enables us to provide you certain content for free and allows us to provide you offers relevant to you. If you would like to opt-out our use of information for such purposes that may be considered a “sale” under California, you may do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us at 800.644.0672.
You have the right to request deletion of your personal information.
You have the right to request us to disclose to you the following, no more than twice in a 12-month period, and, in all cases, for the preceding 12 months:
- Categories of personal information we collected about you.
- Categories of sources from which we collected the personal information.
- Business or commercial purpose for collecting your personal information.
- Categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information.
- Specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- Categories of personal information we disclosed for a business purpose.
- Categories of personal information we have used for targeted or behavioral advertising and categories of third parties to whom such information was provided.
- We collect the following categories of personal information and disclose the same categories of personal information for a business purpose: Identifying information; Payment and delivery information; Event information; Information you post or submit; Social media information; Internet or other electronic network activity; Commercial information.
- We use the following categories of personal information in connection with targeted or behavioral advertising: Identifying information; Information you post or submit; Social media information; and, Internet or other electronic network activity.
- Please note that certain information may be exempt from such requests under California law. For example, we need certain information in order to provide products and services to you. We also will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to a request. You are also permitted to designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. In order for an authorized agent to be verified, you must provide the authorized agent with signed, written permission to make such requests or a power of attorney. We may also follow up with you to verify your identity before processing the authorized agent’s request.
How to Make Requests for Deletion of Personal Information and Requests for Personal Information We Collect, Disclose or Sell
If you wish to submit a request under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, please feel free to submit a verified request by one of the following means:
- You may call us at 800.644.0672.
- You may also contact us by email or mail at the following:
Re: Privacy Compliance Officer
2032 Stoner Avenue, Unit B, Santa Monica, California 90025, United States
CHILDREN UNDER 13
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that any of your children has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us and we will take steps to remove that information.
NOTICE OF PRIVACY STATEMENT CHANGES
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
For questions about our privacy practices, to make choices about receiving promotional communications, to update your personal information, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
Re: Privacy Compliance Officer
2032 Stoner Avenue, Unit B, Santa Monica, California 90025, United States